Remember this abbreviation? No?
I know most of us won't remember what the full form is. But probably - 'some useful period wasted' may ring a bell! Frankly, even I don't remember what the original one is.
But I remember making a face each time SUPW period came. Infact I remember, I was not the only one who hated it. Everybody in my class had the same feelings. Ofcourse, I did some nice and intersting things during those but somehow they always seemed like a big waste of time. I would wonder how will this help me. Why can't they let us go play outside, that seemed more fun.
Today at office while making the poster (for an internal competition), I realised- its so much fun. You may think that the thought of having to be away from work for sometime was the reason. But no, that was not the only reason ( I won't lie, that was one of the reasons as well ). It was just so much of a pleasure to 'think' and 'create' something that finally turned out(luckily!) into something nice.It may or may not win the competition but it was a good idea. And it was also good fun. To be like a child and create a mess in the room where we did all the paper cutting etc. Although we had clear out those ourselves later, but it was worth it.
I was just thinking aloud about how this never used to be my favourite activity in school but its so much fun now. And many of my colleagues joined me in that thought as well. Made me wonder, how our definitions of fun and happiness change over time and as we grow older.
No comments:
Post a Comment