Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Another change

Few days back, we got to know that my husband has been offered a good role in london.
We were so happy about both the facts, firstly that he got selected for that role and secondly that he will need to move to london. For quite a number of days it didn't sink in really. But now with the Visa work starting and only a month or so remaining for the real move. Its started to sink in a bit.And i wonder of how life would be in london. I know its definitely not going to be the same. And in many ways it will probably be better (many will jump and say 'it will definitely be better!'). But am a little sad about leaving my home (in both sense, the house and the home town). About leaving our parents and friends.About leaving the house that we so lovingly got renovated and interiors done to our taste. About leaving the life that we had got used to so much that we didn't realise it was so good until now. And about leaving all that is indian (except ourselves ofcourse).

I don't mean to be negative about this change, infact I am quite excited about it actually. About seeing london and all that(and hopefully Europe ;)). But its a big change for both of us. In terms of location, culture and ofcourse the weather !!. Just a little anxious i suppose.

Luckily, I have a very good friend in london already. So doesn't feel completely alien. I am looking forward to some fun times with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment