Sunday, March 4, 2012

Have I been busy or what?

Its been quite sometime since I wrote on this blog. But to me the time seems to have just flown by.

Over a year back we went on a romantic Paris trip to close the London Chapter and flew back to India early march'2010. We had only just settled into our newly rented apartment and office routines , that we found out we are expecting our first child. And I know what you as a reader may think (most of ours friends thought the same too !). But no, it was not because of the Paris trip :). Although I agree it would be more interesting a story to tell my daughter(who arrived in October'2011- just missing the opportunity of being the same sun sign as me by a few days).


The (almost) 9 months went by fast when I look back now. At that time it seemed like a long wait although I enjoyed every moment of it thoroughly. And not just because those moments eventually connected me to my child in a way others cannot connect, but also because I truly believed what other experienced parents told me - 'once the kid comes, you won't even have time for yourself and you will no longer be the one getting all the attention and pampering'. Very true!


I remember me and my husband would talk about the various things we plan to do for our child. We would plan everything from fun stuff like sharing hobbies, going on vacations with her to the more serious stuff like education and teaching her good values. Somewhere during that talk we would also wonder if it would be a girl or a boy. And I would say ' I need a girl, but boy is fine too'. So I consider myself lucky to have a daughter now like I wished.

And 'the plan' remains to be seen if they will eventually work out the way we originally planned them, because our daughter seems to have plans of our own already. She already has her likes and dislikes and knows exactly how to use her limited set of communication skills to get what she wants. And she is not even six months yet! But one thing is for sure, life ahead for me and my husband is surely going to be fun. So let me thank my daughter in advance - Thank you R.

No comments:

Post a Comment