Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Life is changing, fast..



Just yesterday, over one of my sms conversations with my friend (mother of a baby boy), mentioned how life has changed- taken a big turn almost. Although I had (and am sure my friend had too) planned and tried to mentally prepare for this big change called motherhood, I realise now that one can never really be fully prepared. From the first important experience- if its going to be a boy or a girl, to the day to day stuff - is she hungry now, is she growing well, will this dress fit her right,nappy change. Then there are things that I miss from my 'previous' life. Things that I am unable to do now, because I need to be with my daugher.
I had thought about them but I couldn't actually be prepared for what all of that meant. No doubt I am enjoying all of the above and more, but there are days where I just wish she would grow up enough to be able take care of herself. My experienced cousins and friends warn me not to wish that, as soon she will actually grow up and I would miss these days. I can see why, as there are many moments everyday where I just sit and watch her , admire her. Usually while she is asleep or while feeding. Because rest of the time she demands that we be with her and entertain her. I had thought by 3rd month I had her all figured out. I was wrong ! She is growing constantly. Its like being with a different daughter every week :). And like my Mother-in-Law says, there is no quite moment in a day when a baby is around.

I can already see some of the person she will eventually grow up to be. And thank goodness, I see some of the 'being active' genes in her (something surely not inherited from me :) ). Love you R. May God bless you with the best in life. Muvah!

No comments:

Post a Comment